This is an entry level position designed to assist under direct supervision of the lead operator, and to observe all aspects of the operation as performed by the Wireline crew. Duties and responsibilities are to assist in the maintenance and operation of Wireline equipment and services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in the preparation of tools and equipment, and paperwork requirements.
• Demonstrate general knowledge and understanding of Wireline operations policies & procedures, which include Radiation, Ballistics, Pressure Control, rig up, and preventative maintenance.
• Demonstrate general knowledge of Rush Wellsite Services tools and equipment at the location.
• Assist in performing tasks associated with a typical Wireline job, which includes load-out and backload, rigging, clean-up and maintenance of tools, equipment and Wireline units.
• Assist in performing Wireline tests, cable re-heads, and basic preventative maintenance.
• Demonstrate basic knowledge of various Wireline functions including winch operation, basic depth control, and tension monitoring.
• Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
• Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Good mechanical aptitude
• Understand basic mathematics
• Understand basic principles of electricity
• Knowledge of windows based systems
• Demonstrated mechanical ability
• High School Diploma or GED
• Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s Licence with Hazardous Materials endorsement or equivalent
• Previous Wireline experience
• Available 24/7
• The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
• Willingness to work under varying conditions and in remote locations
• Ability to perform under time constraints
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Positive attitude towards health, safety and the environment
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check, DOT physical, and drug screen